Saturday, September 02, 2006

The Fat Lady is clearing her throat

24 hours from now Ian and I will be walking up the gang plank ready to be allocated our spot in the sardine can which will take us to India. Either that or more likely, rushing off to the can for a nervous one. 24 hours... 1 day.

After six months of planning, packing, re-planning, re-packing, changing airline schedules and finally re-packing for the last time, the Fat Lady is clearing her throat and about to sing ... We're off on the adventure of a lifetime. It is amazing how for the past at least 13 years I have often thought about going to India, have watched friends go and come back... some several times... have discussed India with them and others and hoped that one day I might be able to go and here I am, less than 24 hours from actually realising that dream.

I know Ian is excited too and maybe his reasons for going are different to mine but at the end of the day, it will be an experience that neither of us will ever forget. I hope they will be good memories. I'm indeed fortunate that Ian is my traveling companion, he goes with the flow and never seems to get fazed by anything but even so, I somehow think India is going to push as many buttons with him as it does me.

So... Father's Day her in Australia today and a couple of gifts from Liz and the boys for the trip before we have a barbecue this evening. It's getting warmer here now but I know it will be warmer in India.

Was that someone clearing their throat..................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home